2023 Fitness and Wellness Trends
This is going to be your year! You’re going to eat better, take care of yourself and crush your fitness goals!
From virtual-reality training to early-bird dinner reservations and group exercise classes, it’s time to take a look at some of the fitness and wellness trends that will shift our concepts of working out and staying healthy next year.
Fitness Trends to Look out for in 2023
“Technology fans are in luck, as there are more ways than ever to scratch the fitness itch while also getting our fix for the latest gadgets and devices,” according to CNBC’s “The Top 5 Most Likely Fitness Trends 2023.” Check out a couple of these latest must-haves for 2023:
- Virtual-Reality Workouts: Immerse yourself inside a gym, studio environment, tropical beaches, mountaintops, and everywhere in between, all without leaving the house. VR can be used for a variety of different workouts, from cardio to strength training.
- More Wearable Technology: Already commonplace, wearable technology will become an even more integral part of supporting Functional Fitness training as people will be able to see exactly how their body is responding to different exercises. The Fitbit Inspire 3 covers all of the main health-tracking components such as sleep, heart health, stress, and activities, while the Apple Watch Series 8 also features ECG apps and more.
- Group Fitness Classes: While working from home is here to stay and undeniably more time efficient, group fitness classes are back with kettlebell sessions topping the list. Group fitness classes can be a great way to socialize and make new friends while getting in shape.
But according to the PureGym annual fitness report, the biggest trend for 2023 is the 12-3-30 workout or setting the treadmill to a 12% incline and walking at a pace of three miles per hour for 30 minutes. According to PureGym personal trainer Laura Eaton “Walking is already a fantastic cardiovascular activity, and adding the incline creates a bigger increase in heart rate – improving cardiovascular health and endurance. It’s also great for those who experience gym anxiety as you can walk through the door and hop straight onto a treadmill, and build up your confidence in the gym.”
Wellness Trends Rising in 2023
Going hand-in-hand with fitness trends are The Buzziest Wellness Trends To Watch Out For In 2023.
- Early-Bird Dinner: With all the information available from fitness wearables, expect to see a movement toward eating early allowing for a more successful sleep routine.
- Movement Snacks: Breaking up your exercise regimen into smaller movement snacks throughout the day is not only perfectly healthy, but it can also be more beneficial than forcing yourself to do one longer workout session.
- Plant-based Diets have been gaining popularity over the past few years, and this trend will only continue in 2023 as people become more aware of the benefits of eating plants, they’ll be more likely to incorporate them into their diet. While cooking at home is a relaxing delight, plant-based options are becoming increasingly available for a quick outing. Check out Greens and Proteins at The Promenade at Juhl in downtown Las Vegas.
The take-a-way? If you live in a luxury high-rise condo community like Juhl with the convenience and comfort of a resident–only onsite two-story fitness center, you can choose to work out from home or get that extra boost of motivation by going to the gym. Regardless, by adding a bit more activity to your daily living, you can improve your fitness level and 2023 is a great year to say YES to better fitness, healthy living, and social engagement.